The primary function of this position is to coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Compliance Department, to include the coordination of the organization’s compliance with the timeliness of reporting requirements to its contracted clients, internally and to regulators, as appropriate.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Report Tracking Responsibilities:
- Assist with the maintenance of the Master List of reporting requirements for all entities that comprise the Organization;
- Coordinate the timely submission of reports and deliverables to clients and regulatory agencies, as appropriate;
- Coordinate the implementation of new report templates or changes to existing templates, to include tracking and documentation from the notification of the new/changed template through production;
- Maintain a calendar of reporting activities;
- Issue reminders to designated parties on a pre-determined schedule;
- Coordinate submission of final reports to appropriate parties, to include preparation, review and signature of attestations, if applicable.
- Maintain the HIPAA Disclosure Tracking Log
- Assist the Management team of the Compliance team with preparation for audits/surveys, as needed
- Maintain the Calendar for Audits for the Organization
- Periodically assist the Internal Audit team with the review the organization’s various document libraries which include the organization’s SharePoint feature:
- Ensure timely review and update of existing policies/procedures;
- Maintain a Master List of policies/procedures for the various entities.
- Participate with certification, accreditation and RFP processes, as needed
- Assist the VP of Compliance with onsite-related activities, as needed
- Assist the team in all related Compliance activities, including internal audit and SIU;
- Serve as in-House Liaison between the Compliance Team and other departments;
- Manage Compliance and FWA Hotlines and departmental voicemail accounts;
- Monitor departmental fax accounts;
- Monitor departmental email group and/or web accounts.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university -- equivalent work experience in a comparable position may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Two (2) years or more of HMO and Health Insurance related experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.